Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Progress and waiting

B and Buddy woke up feeling much better this morning.  I'm happy that buddy will be returning to school tomorrow and B to work....love them, but having a full house makes it hard to make cleaning progress and relax.

Kittycat woke up at 3 am puking....yep, I don't know what it is with 3 am and puke in this house, but there it is!  I slept on the couch last night to get away from my germy husband......

{Quick side note:  I'm a major germ-a-phobe/messy person/organization freak/clutter-a-holic/easy going don't care if that picture hangs crooked for a month or their's a thick coat of dust on that thing/everything must be in a certain spot and things completely even/etc/etc retard.  My body and mind is severely confused about what personality she wants manifested and therefore has multiple swings of caring and not caring about certain things.}

continuing on....

So yeah, sleeping in a bed with a germy person grosses me out, sometimes, and yesterday was one of those days.  I walked around with my bleach bottle trying to de-sanitize everything my husband and son touched.  I didn't make much progress in cleaning my house yesterday, only did tons of loads of laundry.

So getting back to what happened this morning...Kittycat woke up around midnight and came in to cuddle with me on the couch. (I was still awake watching hitchcock films).  We finally drifted off around 1ish.  And then in the 3 am time slot designated for puking children, she starts barfing.  Now, this is where I conflict myself because I hate germs but I will always hold my kids puke in my hands while trying to find a bowl or usher them into the bathroom.  I will hold their hair, wash their body, pick up nasty blankets, empty the puke bucket, wipe their butts and their noses, etc etc without even dry heaving, but yet, doing something like touching an animal makes my skin crawl (even though I love them) I have to instantly wash my hands the first chance I get.

Fortunately Kittycat had only a bad hour and I cuddled her on the couch the rest of the night.

She woke up this morning feeling fine, so I am very happy that her "torchure" was short lived.

I am still waiting for my turn.  I refused to be sick in a dirty house (there goes my conflicting myself again, because my house is always a night mare of dirt and laundry, etc, but yet, the thought of such things make my skin crawl...sometimes.)  So today, getting a much needed burst of energy, I have almost completed my extended innumerable loads of laundry, Bathroom is degermed...again, livingroom, kitchen, toy room all clean.  Fresh germ free bedding on all beds.  Windows opened for a few hours today to allow fresh air in and germ air out.  I'm ready to go.  All that's left is to bring in the portable dvd player and I'll be ready to go for my turn in the loo.

If that day must come, I wish it come sooner rather than later, if I have to miss my meeting Thursday because of being sick, I will be incredibly LIVID!

I even had a few spare minutes to make kittycat 3 flower hairbows.  I'm on a roll today.  I feel like a pregnant person about to go into labor, getting the house and everything on the list ready and checked off before heading off to the hospital.  No I'm not pregnant, there are no labor pains, but I do anticipate running off to the loo at any given moment.

Enough about such disgusting things, how was your day?!?! :)  I noticed our Irises coming up in the back today.  I can't wait for them to bloom!  I really hope that Bailey doesn't destroy them.

Am thinking about how much I would love a work day on my house some day soon.  Where all of our friends and loved ones come over with plants/flowers/tools in tow and help make our yard beautiful....that'd be SO nice! :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

sorry about the barfing - hope you dodge that bullet but not feeling too positive. yeah - we all want "others" to come over and beautify our yards don't we? I want someone to come de-clutter my house and yard.