Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Little Painter

The other week Buddy discovered a blank canvas that I had been saving for something wonderful.  He asked if he could paint on it and I said "Of course!"  I was especially thrilled when he decided to paint a picture of the 2 of us hugging while working in the garden.  He has been working on it for over a week now, just a little here and there to let the picture unfold.  Even though he's still not finished (he wants to add clouds and flowers) I love it just the way it is.  I can't wait to hang this new piece of artwork.  I love my buddy :)

If you are looking for a new material to inspire your kids, I would suggest buying a canvas for them to try.  They are cheap at Michaels and ACMoore and if you use a 50% off coupon they are even cheaper.  Watercolor, acrylics, modpodge, etc, everything goes.  I can't wait to try this project in my head involving family photos and canvas medium.  I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful spring day!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Ooooo - he is going to love art like you do! He actually is doing a great job! Much better than my saxophone and dragon fly with the swollen discolored eye and fat body.lol