Saturday, August 6, 2011

Can't sleep...

Why is it that I can never sleep well when I have a big day the next day?

All week long, I've been struggling to keep awake past 10/10:30 and now that I have to wake up at 6am, I can't sleep.  The most frustrating part is that I'm completely exhausted, I've been begging for a nap all day, and now that it's time to sleep, yeah, the eyes are wide open.

I haven't done much on blogger land this week.

I'm the class parent in Ethylwolfe's class so I've been busy planning and organizing for all of that.  I love planning and organizing, so I think I'll really enjoy it, but it's time consuming if you want to do it right, and of course I do.  I've made plans and charts and a class calendar, I even had to speak in front of a class full of parents...yikes!  Ok, not really.  18 years of giving talks on stage and even longer knocking on peoples doors has nicked any fear of public speaking out of my system, ok no, that's not true either, I still get nervous when I give talks, like my talk for last week, crazy theme, "why none of the demons are atheists" w/ personal research, I'm thinking "???" ... It took me a long while to come up with an approach that didn't consist of me banging my head on the table!  I'm glad that one is over.  

Alright, getting back on topic, being a class parent will be fun, I look forward to being the first in the know, and pushing the less involved parents to get involved, shall be fun.  I spent most of the day today in E's class.  I took charge of her Art Center and am making sure it is kept well stocked with odds and ends, bits and pieces.  So after doing inventory and taking a group of kids out to do a bit of gardening....not doing that again, so many times they almost whacked each other with the shovels and little fork thingys.  Then we had to pull weeds and that was a bummer, mostly because we had to pull weeds, but also because one of the plants that was growing had tons of little prickles and of course we all got stuck tons of times and the kids weren't happy, shoot, I wasn't happy.  So after gardening, I left hot and sweaty, and purchased tons of supplies for the class and I even got to say "put it on their tab" ~that was cool.  Buying lots of art stuff and not paying a penny.  A girl could get used to that.

I just realized that my last post was my 100th.  I was going to write something fantastic and surprised about how shocked I am that I've already reached my 100th but now it's come and gone, and it went unrecognized, just like the mileage on my car.  I always plan to take a picture or atleast acknowledge when it rolls over 100, 1000, 10000, 100000 but I always catch it right after and it's just no big whoop by then.  Oh well, such is life.

My sweet girl just woke up and came to cuddle so I'm ending this now to enjoy my cuddle and hopefully fall off into dreamland.  

I positively love cuddling my kids :)

This post was a bit random, I'll just blame it on my complete exhaustion and delirium that has set in.  Don't try and have a conversation with me in the foreseeable future, I'll be too exhausted to comprehend words or fathom sentences.

Goodnight and have a great weekend!


Jane said...

Join the crowd - it is 3:11am and I'm still WIDE AWAKE! What in the world? I was so tired this afternoon - didn't even get all the things done I planned to do and now - can't sleep. Have a good day tomorrow.

Katie said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean! Although I never oversleep on the morning of a big day, too much adrenaline, but I usually crash in the afternoon :)