Thursday, July 14, 2011

Crayon rolls

One of the many things on my to sew list if I ever learned how to sew was to make crayon holders for the kids.  After a few trials and errors, I successfully sort-of mastered it.  I still have kinks to work out with my sewing maching, we aren't on speaking terms right now.  But I'm pleased none the less.
This holder holds 24 twistable crayola crayons 
{I heart them for the meetings, no mess, no fuss, just fun, twistableness}
This pouch is for KennaKat's meeting bag.

Inside


Outside



Filled up
Rolled up

 I'd tell you how to make them, but there are pros out there who can do it better than I can.  Mine was a culmination of an idea in my head, mixed with mistakes, mixed with anger once I saw a how to online that was very similar to what I was trying to accomplish.  Here it is, it's not the same, but it gives a good starting point to making something of your own.

I love having them in the kids meeting bags, along with a nice artists notebook.

Other things on my to make list are: awesome super hero capes, aprons and chef hats.
If I ever make it to the scrap exchange for more cheap, awesome fabric, I'll get started on some of those other projects.  Oh yeah, I have to rekindle a friendship with my machine...that may take time...

2 comments:

Candi said...

You are a pro! I'm having problems following dress patterns...love this idea though, very cute!

Tricia said...

Love it - you are so talented at everything you do.