Friday, December 24, 2010

Say "Hello" to Midge...

Say Hello to Midge, our newest addition to the family.  She's our beautiful, large, stainless steel, energy efficient REFRIGERATOR!!!  Husband came home from work on Monday determined to buy a new fridge.  After searching on the web for 30 minutes in search of a good deal, we decided to head out and see what deals were in stores.  So off to a few stores we go.  With notebook and pen in hand, we enter Lowes, the closest to our home.  After checking out the deals and being unsatisfied, we headed to Home Depot.  At every store, I wrote down the specs of the fridges that we were interested in, so that after seeing all of the options out there, we could compare (I love comparing).  Our 3rd location was Sears.  Sears turned out to be the home of our new baby.  She had practically everything we were looking for, she was 25cu ft and she had a water and ice maker in the door, oh and the best thing, she was a thousand buckeroonies off!  Woohoo! I'm a sucker for a bargain.  At the start of our search, Brandon told me that Stainless Steel was out of the question and that we were going with white (because it's cheaper) so I was fully prepared to come home with a white one.  Midge, turned out to be the best deal out there, so I ended up getting what I wanted, woohoo!  The biggest upset was the delivery....she was overdue.  We were told that she would be delivered on Wednesday night, they called to set up a time, and then midday Wednesday, we get a call saying she has not left the store, grrrrrr!  The worst part was that they called and told me this and then said that I had to find out why and set up another delivery time myself.  Grrr!  So, I called the store, I was reassured 100% that it had left the store already and would be delivered on Thursday morning.  So, I had to call the delivery people and they reassured that it would be delivered on Thursday.  That night, I got another delivery set up time for between 10am and noon. Well, noon Thursday has come and gone and I call shipping.  They tell me that the fridge is still in the store and that it will not be delivered that day.  Well, I was furious!  Furious that the people in the store lied to me, furious that no one called me to set up a different delivery time, furious that their customer service was not helpful.  Well, I finally found the right person to talk to and was willing to help instead of referring me to yet another person.  After being on hold for 30 minutes, I was reassured that my fridge would be picked up that evening and I would have my fridge on Friday.  I told them I was outraged with having to set 3 days aside to wait on a fridge and I can now expect the delivery of a complimentary $25 gift card, woo hoo.  Friday is here and my Midge was delivered at 1pm!  YAY!  She's large and in charge!  We even had to trim the cabinet above for her to fit snugly.  No worries though, we pulled out the jigsaw and got the job done :)  My awesome, smart, adorable husband even hooked up a water line to it, and we now have running water, and an ice maker, yay!  I can't say how precious an ice maker is to me, but it is :)  She even has 2 freezer drawers, she's very awesome.  Come and meet her some day :)

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Woo Hoo - Jessie and I are so EXCITED for you - I hadn't thought of naming my babies - will have to do that. So happy for you.

Marlan said...

Can't wait to see Midge. So happy that you have her. love

Unknown said...

cool sis and where did it come from with the refrigerator