Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What you didn't see...

I am generally known for pulling out the camera and taking random pictures at random intervals.  It seems I tend to capture the random much better than I do the actual events in our life.  Hopefully one day I'll be better about capturing both.  This past week and a half, I've kicked myself several times for not pulling out the camera.

For starters...

It SNOWED last Monday, we FINALLY got SNOW and Ethylwolfe had a 2 hour delay, the kids sloshed around and played in the snow and we drank hot cocoa with way too many marshmallows...did I capture any of that?  The one dusting of white that we've had ALL winter?  Nope.  The camera sat on the table...all day.  I even thought, I should take a picture of this, but did I make it to the table and grab the camera?  Nope.  I must have forgotten before the idea had time to get to the action part of my brain.  I didn't even blog about it.  Weird.  It started snowing at the kids bedtime, so I turned on the bright yard lights and pulled up the blinds and let them lay in bed and watch the giant flakes fall, it was lovely.  And we saw the funniest sight ever...our large dog, perpetually hopping like a rabbit/frog/kangaroo around our yard trying to eat each and every flake that fell.  It was Hi LAR I ous!!!

Second, we spent a little time in one of my favorite towns, on one of my favorite streets, in one of my favorite little eateries, with some of my favorite people last week, and did I capture any of it?  Nope.  And my camera was

Third, my flowers and I made our first public appearance.  A friend in town who makes one of a kind jewelry and goes by the name of 'Not your family jewels', was hosting her yearly jewelry show for friends and customers and asked me if I would like to come over and set up my flowers too.  How cool is that?  It was so sweet of her to think of me :)  We ended up being in service longer than planned, and running behind So we had to ran over and set them up quickly and then we rushed to a funeral and then rushed back to the show.  She had set everything up for me so nicely while I was away.  Which was a nice surprise.  It was a lot of fun and I actually sold several flowers, headbands, AND got a few custom orders!  Did I capture any of it?  Nope!   It was a lot of fun, and helped me start to get over my awkwardness of sharing my stuff.  I was hoping to get a picture of the boxes, and my flowers, my signs and my new logo that I made, but I didn't capture any of it.  Sunday I took a quick shot of the here it is, a not so great shot of my new silly little logo.

Fourth, Family came to town {Eitak and Deli} and we enjoyed creme brulee, mmm but there are no pictures to document the time.

Fifth, Tuesday, Nani came and spent the day with KennaKat and myself.  After story time and lunch at Broad Street Cafe {We shared calamari and a White pizza with artichokes and garlic mmm}  We decided to venture downtown and check out several of the new shops that are popping up all over.  Some I have been in before, some I have not.  All over priced but way cool.   I even bought my first handkerchief, I cannot tell you how long I have wanted one.  I also picked up a little vintage mushroom pin for Nani and a small flower pin for myself.  KennaKat got to ride a vintage mechanical horse!  Did I capture any of it?  NOPE!  Well, this time I wasn't to blame {sort of}, KennaKat broke my camera on Sunday. :/  So now I will be without "good" pictures for a while.  I have charged up the hubbies camera {which is great for underwater pics, but I don't love it like my cannon.} but I will at least have something to use.

Sixth, I came home from my chiropractor appointment Tuesday afternoon to find that Ethylwolfe is riding his bike without training wheels and he got it on his FIRST try!!!  How awesome!!  I went to the kidseverywear consignment sale on Monday and bought KennaKat a larger bike.  It came with training wheels but they weren't on, so Hubby decided to let E try her bike out and give no training wheels a go before taking them off of his bike.  So I missed the beginning moments of his learning to ride a bike, but Hubby says he did GREAT!!!  I am so proud!  They were still riding when I got home so I at least got to enjoy his first day of riding.  He is a pro already.  I just can't believe it.  They grow up too quickly.  Did I capture it?  Well, I didn't get the beginning but 30 minutes into it isn't that bad right??  Here they are speeding up and down our little street. {sorry they are blurry, I took them with Hubby's camera :/  I need a new camera!!!}

And lastly, I've been making flowers and not taking pictures.  I haven't been making as many as I would like, the shop is feeling a bit empty right now, I know, I know, that's a good thing that they have sold, but still, it's empty.  Here's one of the latest, unfortunately, due to not having my camera, I can't get a good shot of it.  The colors don't pop like they do in person.  But here it is anyway, Sea Green with an orange clay bead in the center.  4 inches large.

So now it's Wednesday night and I am pretty caught up on the events of our life, even though pictures are scarce..I know, you may actually be stuck with having to read my posts instead of just scrolling through the pics ;)  Can you believe that February is OVER???  I'm still in shock.  This year is already moving too quickly for me.  Please slow down time.  Please.

Well good night everybody!  I'm listening to the sound of the rain and Liking it!!


Marlan said...

please get another camera!!! I love the moments you capture.

Candi said...

busy busy you are! I LOVE your logo. Brilliant! You are so talented!