Saturday, February 4, 2012

Finding Treasures

Well, I was still sick, but even when you're sick, you still have things that you have to do, like return overdue books to the library since you didn't make it on your usual day or the week before thanks to sickness.
So yesterday, I went to the library and returned overdue books.  I also had some on hold that I had to pick up before they reshelved them.  Next to the checkout desk are carts of books for sale.  Books that were donated, and books that the library is getting rid of.  I can never resist the urge to browse what's there.  This time I found a keeper...


I've never read the book before, but I've always wanted to.  In fact, I almost bought this book several times this year.  It is in such great shape, I don't think anyone has ever read it.  Priced at $2.50 what a score!  The kids and I will be reading this next.

I thought about keeping this for myself, but I've decided to give it to KennaKat for her own collection.  Ethylwolfe gets the bulk of the books because he's the oldest, which means his Library is much larger than hers.  He has the entire Shel Silverstein collection and Roald Dahl and much much more.  But KennaKat has things like Black Beauty, some of Noel Streatfeild's books, and things of that sort.  Of course we read all of them together and sharing is encouraged, but when they grow up and move out, I want them to already have a nice collection of books.  Books I want to add to her list will be Little Women, and the works of Jane Austen and Laura Ingalls Wilder {Ours are on Loan from Nani}.

Any other classics that you would suggest?

Today I'm feeling much better, aside from the occasional hacking cough, I think I'm in the clear.  Normal life here I come!

1 comment:

Candi said...

A co-worker just finished Alice in Wonderland and said it was very strange. Let me know what you think. My oldest just finished Robinson Crusoe and loved it. He's starting Treasure Island next, then Count of Monte Cristo and Hunchback of Notre Dame.