Thursday, April 26, 2012

"I'm singin' in the rain"

"I'm singin' in the rain"...well not exactly, more like "planting in the rain".

This morning a friend called and asked if I would join her while she beautified a friend's deck.  "Sure!" I said.  I was planning on spending some time outdoors as the day was quite lovely and I had been wanting to visit said friend for a while now.

KennaKat and I met Lavender Girl and Biscuit around 11:30 at TriciaJane's house and started unloading the mass supply of beautiful plants that Lavender Girl picked up.

As we began adding soil to the first pot, it started...drip, drip.  "No big deal!  Just a little sprinkle, let's keep working. " A few minutes later, Drip, Drip, Drip.  About 30 minutes in we were in the middle of a torrential downpour, with a few splashes of thunder and lightening for the added touch of "oh my we're crazy".  Oh well.  We just kept on working, we were already wet and dirty anyway.  

Crazy disasters like that are what I live for.  I get the biggest kick out of unplanned changes, the messier the better.  Weeell I got what I asked for, we got totally messy, and soaked to the bone, but in the end, the deck looked lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed myself  =)

To add to the "of course" pile, it stopped raining just as we were finishing up.  We ran out of pots so we had a delivery from MW with more pots, soil, and hangers for the wind chime and bird feeder.  It had stopped raining by the time he showed up, so I'm sure he got a kick out of our appearance.

You know you want to see pictures of us two crazy ladies, and you know how much I like to share...

Yes, that's mud splatter on my chin...
We are in drying out phase here
For more fun pictures, venture on over to Belma's Pearls, she caught pics of us working in the rain :)

I didn't get shots of all of the pots that we planted, but this gives you an idea.
Here MW is posing with the 2 things that he helped hang.
Do you see the dragonfly wind-chime and the shroons?  I love!

You might be wondering, Where were KennaKat and Biscuit during all of this?  Well, they happily "entertained" TriciaJane inside.  They played really well together and only bonked heads {literally} once or twice.  Neither wanted to leave in the end, which is always a good sign.


I love Biscuit's crazy eyes =)
It turned out to be quite the crazy fun day.  I knew it was going to be a good day since I actually made it out of my pj's, went grocery shopping, cleaned my house and had an adventure.

Dear Friend, we hope that your new garden filled deck will be a place of beauty and relaxation during your healing.  Please feel better soon, and every time you sit and breathe out there, remember that we love you so much!

2 comments:

Marlan said...

The deck looks lovely. So glad you got to beautify it.

KL said...

So beautiful! And what a sweet thoughtful thing to do!