Monday, May 30, 2011

Lessons Learned about NY


We are back and beginning to settle into our normal routine.
Our NY trip was fantastic!
We were completely exhausted, but in a good way.



I got the full NY driving experience including traffic, rain, and lots of road construction
~It was scary~
(but I liked it!)


Arriving at Brooklyn Bethel


Our silly group
We stood out like a sore thumb.
But we had a blast!


On our flight, returning home from NY, I sat and contemplated what I learned from my trip...

1. Just have faith that the other drivers will NOT hit you. 
(That's knowledge from Kristyn and it seemed pretty true)
2. NY Cheesecake is mmm mmm creamy!
3. No 2 NY pizzas are the same
4. The Bethel family is the single-most friendliest group of people on the planet.
5. If you use a GPS, you WILL get lost!
(Common sense, observation, and a detailed map are what you need)
6. You will get robbed blind from toll fees.
7. Everything takes at least an hour to get to.
8. People are friendlier than depicted on movies
9. There aren't souvenir tables at every corner, as one might hope for.
10. There are people all over the world, including Antarctica downloading Watchtowers from JW.org!

I can't wait to go back!  Perhaps in a year or two when KennaKat is a bit older.... It would be awesome to do a group trip with all the kids' friends, and get some of our Bethel friends to give a behind the scenes, child friendly tour.

If you want to see the hundreds of photos from our trip, let me know, I'll email you the link.


4 comments:

Tricia said...

Loved all the pictures - thanks for sharing. Glad it was so much fun. Having driven in NYC and Brooklyn - found both times to be quite simple - important to have a good navigator or your 17 year old son in the back seat looking for you. Glad you had the experience. good for you.

Candi said...

Sounds awesome!!! So you do you think the kids are too small to go? We're hoping to take ours next summer. They'll be 15, 6, 4.

Unknown said...

Candi, I think those are good ages! KennaKat is 3 and Ethylwolfe is 5, so I'm thinking when she is 4 or 5 then it will be good for us. She's highly unpredictable at times that I need her to be... predictable :)
I'm happy for you guys, it's a wonderful idea!

Marlan said...

a map and navigator are much better than GPS in the city.